Thursday, October 1, 2009

A letter to Mila

I am often challenged to think about what we can do for better future for our loved ones. I have learned to expect unexpected opportunities to make a difference in relations with our children first and foremost.
My daughter Katy wrote Jill and me an invitation from our granddaughter Mila’s school—to send mail and maybe include stickers.
What more important does a grandpa have to do with free time than to think through a response. I switched the font to Times Roman 28 point and locked in capitalization. I’m hoping for penpalship; such is the luxury of retired grandparenthood.
I know how many ways I, let alone my granddaughter, am socially privileged. But in that realm above the clouds I see joy and honesty and exuberance and generosity in young lives in the making.
Nothing could be more important to me in professional writing than in having composed this text this morning l&p hal (pepinsky.blogspot.com):

209 ST. PIERRE ST.
WORTHINGTON, OH 43085-2262
OCTOBER 1, 2009
DEAR MILA AND FRIENDS,
IT’S FALL NOW. ARE LEAVES ON THE TREES OUTSIDE TURNING YELLOW AND RED IN DURANGO YET? OUR LEAVES IN WORTHINGTON ARE STILL GREEN.
KATY (MILA’S MOM) TELLS ME AND JILL (MILA’S GAMMY) THAT YOU LIKE STICKERS. I GOT SOME STICKERS OF CATS, DOGS AND HORSES. HAVE FUN WITH THEM.
IT WAS SO MUCH FUN VISITING YOUR SCHOOL AND MEETING YOU AND SINGING WITH SOME OF YOU. THANK YOU FOR THE VISIT.
MILA, THIS IS YOUR GRANDPA SAYING…I LOVE YOU.
WRITE BACK TO ME EVERYONE. I LOVE YOU ALL.
HAL

No comments:

Post a Comment